Monday, September 5, 2011

Here Comes Trouble


Ok, so this is the moment you have been waiting for. You have the basic background for at least 12 years of my marriage, although there are still some details left to tell (we were married for 14). I'm sure things will catch up as we go on.

Life seemed to be good with 5 kids, a nice, large home, a furniture making shop and separate store. We also started breeding Golden Retrievers, which was another business I ventured into that brought in some decent money.

As I said before, my Ex wanted to go to school, and I gave my blessing. With that, she began going to community college to become a CNA. With the big house payment and the shop rent and the store rent and everything else that comes along with a family of 5, I thought it was a great idea for her to further her education and have a career.

The only problem at the time was the finances. Although my business was busy, the money really wasn't there. We really were not making any money at all and actually had our children on Medicaid from the time they were born, and sometimes we were on food stamps.

I am ashamed, mortified and embarrassed that I let this go on. We should have never had children if we couldn't afford them, but I will say again that even though I am ashamed of the way I had to rely on tax payer dollars to care for my children, I don't regret, for one second, having each and every one of them. I love them more than my own life, and had I had it my way, things would have been different. Of course, at the time I was naive and didn't know there was a right way and a wrong way. I was listening to my wife...

The business was always accruing debt, and thus had to keep moving to make money instead of going bankrupt.

And so, school began for my Ex. She was never one to get all dolled up for anything. Sweatpants and T-shirt were mainly her choice of fashion. After she was in school for a bit, I began to notice her getting all dolled up for school and leaving early for class. She said she had to go to the library and study for a test. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, believing that she was trying to do her best in school.

What I didn't know was that she met a man at school and was beginning an affair with him. This affair was serious, and I had no clue. Of course, again, there were signs, but who wants to believe that your spouse is cheating on you...again?

She would always keep her car locked up, including the trunk, and if I wanted to go to her car to get something, she would pretty much freak out and make excuses why she had to go to her car instead of me.

Later I would find that she was hiding skimpy clothes and birth control pills in her trunk.

Then came the day that made things the way they are today. The ultimate betrayal. As if an affair wasn't enough, this is what she did:

I was at my shop working when she showed up with all 5 of our children. She proceeded to tell me she was leaving me....and leaving all the kids.

Now, we had been married for 14 years at this point, and let me tell you, I panicked. I didn't understand what was going on at all. However, she ended up leaving. REALLY leaving...to another state, and then across the country, with her new boyfriend.

She abandoned her marriage and her children for some guy, who, let me tell you, is not a stand-up citizen. On top of that, she cleaned out the business and personal bank accounts and left me with five dollars in my pocket....with five children to care for.

I am leaving out a lot here because I want to move things forward; however, the next blog is going to fill in some major blanks and also begin to tell you how things went after she left. I have some documents I will be including in my next post to show what transpired during this horrible time, including a note my Ex signed stating that she was leaving her home, husband, and children for good.

As always, I will protect privacy when showing these documents.

Please keep reading, and let me know what you think. Still waiting for those comments!

Until tomorrow, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Still reading... started from the beginning and right now I cannot believe her. How do people like that have children????? I have a EX - wife (my husband's) that I have to deal with and she is borderline (diagnosed) and selfish. It makes me sick

    ReplyDelete