Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Restraining Order

As I said in my last post, I was raising my kids all by myself, and, not to toot my own horn, I was doing a really good job of it.

So, imagine my shock and disbelief one evening when a knock came at my door and I opened it to find a Sheriff's Deputy. My first thought was whether or not something bad had happened to someone, namely my children's mother. However, I would be further shocked to know that the deputy was there to serve me with a restraining order.

I knew nothing of restraining orders at the time. Of course, I knew they existed from hearing things on TV, but I didn't know how to get one or even how they worked.

Anyway, he was there to deliver me a restraining order. He explained to me what was going on and I took the document...in complete shock.

The restraining order was from the incident that occurred TWO MONTHS earlier when my Ex dropped all the kids off and left. Why it took her two months to file it, I will never understand. Actually, I know why, but for now I'm not going to say.

You can read what she says happened in the restraining order I provide you below, but I will tell you my side of the story now.

She showed up at my shop and dropped off the kids and said to me: "I'm leaving." My immediate response was "What do you mean?" She again said she was leaving. Leaving me and the kids and not coming back. So, I did the only thing I could think of to get her to stop and to talk to me.

I took her car keys.

I know, I know. I shouldn't have done that, but honestly I was in panic mode. I was upside down and just reacted. I wanted to stop her and make her talk to me.

So, yes, I took her keys and told her if she really wanted to leave she had to sign a letter stating that she was leaving me, our home, and our children.

During this time, I was holding her keys in front of me in both hands, trying to keep them away from her. She was hitting me and scratching me and trying to get her keys back. At one point, she fell down on the ground because she had her arms wrapped around me and then let go and stumbled.

It was like she was a different person. I didn't recognize her at all. She had a one-track mind. Leaving.

So, yeah, I was surprised to be slapped with this:

Restraining Order #1 br />
In that document, it states that I put my hands around her neck, which I never did. It also describes another incident where I went to her house, after she left, to get a drill. Well, I dispute the date that she claims that happened because she was not in NC in Sept. She was gone...with her boyfriend. I DID go to her house at one time to retrieve a drill, but she allowed me in. There was no fight, I did not hurt her, and she never asked me to leave.

I know I can say all I want and there will be people who don't believe me; however, the judge, when hearing the restraining order, only granted it for 3 months. This is unheard of. Normally, a restraining order is either thrown out...or granted for an entire year.

The reason that he only granted it for 3 months was because he agreed that I should not have kept her keys from her (and I agree) however, he could not find evidence of ongoing abuse, so, 3 months it was.

Restraining Order Verdict br />
Restraining Order Verdict Continued br />
So there you have it. My one stupid act. But I ask you, how would you react if your spouse of 14 years did the same to you? Yes, perhaps I did not act rationally, but what is rational in that situation?

It would come to pass that this would not be the only time I was served with such an order. But future orders...well, you'll have to stay with me to find out what happens with them. I will only say that things were being put into motion that were beyond my control. If I had only known then what I know now!

Next, you will hear about where my Ex has been during all this time...and what happens when she returns.

If you think it's been ugly thus far, you have a major wake-up call coming!

Until next time!

P.S. If you cannot read the documents, or have trouble reading them, please let me know. You can scroll the docs down to read all the pages, or you can click on the title to get a bigger picture of them. Please let me know if you ever have difficulty seeing them.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment