Friday, August 19, 2011

Updates...And Other Stuff


Where shall I begin?  I guess I will begin by telling you a funny story about my week.  It's also an embarrassing story, so take it easy on me, ok?

The day before yesterday, while driving around for work, I realized I needed to get gas.  No biggie, right?  Well, aside from gas prices being through the roof, it's no big deal, all in all.  I was on my way to a local home improvement store and there is a gas station on the way, so I pulled in to put some fuel in the tank.

I'm sure the majority of you --if not all of you-- know that now-a-days you have to prepay for your gas or else you don't get any.  I mean, you could use a card at the pump, sure, but if you're gonna pay with cash you are out of luck unless you walk into the station and pay first.  I mean, it's as if the gas guru will come and strike you down if you don't pay first.  I guess it goes to show how a few rotten apples can spoil....well, you know the rest.

Sorry for getting sidetracked there.  That has been my state of mind as of late - sidetracked - to the point I did what I did, for starters. 

I pulled into the station and got out of the van and went in and paid for $25.00 worth of gas (I know, for all that will get me!).  I then proceeded to come out of the station, get in the van.............and drive away without pumping a single drop!

Now, I don't know if any of you have experienced this or not, but let me tell you, it kind of puts you in a panic.  I mean, someone else could have pulled up to that pump and gotten $25.00 in gas for free!  They could have stolen from me, in a sense, and it would have COMPLETELY been my fault!

Luckily, I got about 3/4 of a mile down the road and realized what I had done.  I did a U-Turn and went back and got my gas before anyone else had the chance to partake. 

Now that it is over, I have told the story to others and they laugh, and I laugh, but I have forgotten other important things this week as well.  I guess it goes to show what stress can and will do to you.

My stressor right now is still where my kids will--or may be--going to school this year.  If you are unfamiliar with the story, I encourage you to read this:   http://thexdiaries.blogspot.com/2011/08/flash-to-present-before-returning-to.html because I will not retype it here. 

Are you up to speed?  Good.  Yesterday (Thursday) there was a big question mark on whether my kids would even show up for their weekly visitation.  They were late getting here, but they did show up.  I found out that Child #1 and Child #3 started school that day at the Christian school that my Ex said they were not going to go to because she was changing everyone's school this year.

What I found out next will explain the picture at the top.

Child #3 told me that for this week, and this week only, he will go to the Christian school and then be moved to the public school in my Ex's district next Thursday when public school starts.  HUH?

So, let me get this straight....He is moving from his old school that he went to last year...going to the Christian school for ONE week...and then moving to a brand new public school?!?!?!

Do I live on earth?  Because I'm starting to think I'm living more in the twilight zone.

As far as the end goes, I can't tell you just yet, but I have a strong team on my side and this is being handled.  My kids have already told me (each and every one of them) that they do NOT want to change schools again.  They like being in one place...and they don't want to lose their friends.

And my ultimate goal, as always, is to protect them and make things as easy as possible.

So yeah, I've been scatterbrained and forgetful this week.  I lost a notebook, drove off without gas, and have forgotten countless other things. 

This is what it does - at least to me - and the bottom line is, it shouldn't be this way. 

Please keep following!!  It would really make me excited if those of you following this would actually register to follow my blog.  No, you don't have to at all, but if you did, I would know who is really interested.  Also, if you don't register for this site, you can't leave comments if you want to.  And I welcome comments!  So please, let me know who you are and what your opinions are.  Don't be shy!  Ok - enough of the pressure!

I won't say what is next, because sometimes your guess is as good as mine, but I promise it will be entertaining...and as always, REAL.

Until next time, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot stand parents who say they have their children's best interests at heart and then turn out to be so selfish. Children at that age need stability... not moving from school to school having to make new friends, etc. I am still reading so I hope everything gets worked out for the best.

    ReplyDelete