Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Life That Should Have Been Wonderful

So....I was raised in a strict Christian home.  I was home schooled for much of my grade school life (I am 38 now), until my 10th grade year of high school.  Then, I went to a regular, public high school.

After high school, I enrolled in Bob Jones University.  For those who don't know, BJU is a Christian University in SC dedicated to "training leaders by building up their faith and understanding of God’s Word, and by teaching them how to live the truth in every area of life."

Ok...so, to explain my day to day then (aside from the daily prayer meetings, chapel, chaperones, etc.)....

It's not that I didn't respect my parents...or the school.  However, I had to find myself.  After feeling sheltered for a time, I began to buck the system when I could...doing things that were not allowed (NEVER anything illegal or dangerous....no way) but succeeding in my goal.

I DID find myself... in furniture.   You see, I had chosen accounting as my major, but taking a random cabinet making class changed my life.  Furniture was my calling, and I KNEW it.  I felt it in every bone in my body...and then some.  I did not graduate from BJU...instead, I left early. 

There was a time, while at BJU, that I met SK (who also did not graduate from BJU), and my relationship with SK would eventually prove to be a trial of my wits. 

Yeah, I married her, but you have no idea the ripples one decision can make in your life until you make it.


If I had only known then what I know now.... 

This blog is not about religion....nor is it about a love gone wrong.

This blog is about lies and the damage they cause....especially to children (my children).  It is a cautionary tale...one dead-bolted in truth, as anything you read here can be documented in official documents that prove their authenticity.  If you question anything, I urge you to contact me.

Read on, if you dare.  It will blow your mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment