Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Like This....

Do you know what willful contempt means?

I really wanted to come back and give you all a witty, fun, lighthearted post about the way things were before it all went to pot. It seems, though, that I can't do that.

The best made plans, right?

Right.

My kids will be starting new schools tomorrow, despite my objections, and it seems, despite a court order.

Anyone reading this will say that everything takes time, but I'm talking about my kids' lives here. Time is not a friendly thing.

Wilful contempt, in a legal sense, means that you are knowingly and wilfully defying a court order. In basic terms, it means the court said one thing but you don't care and you are going to do whatever the heck you want.

That is what the Ex is doing.

So, tomorrow I am supposed to have my Thursday visitation, but I have alreay been told (by my Ex) that unless I pick my kids up from their NEW schools, I won't get them.

When I reminded the Ex of the court order (that says they are to be dropped off to me), well, I won't tell you what she said because I would have to scrape your chins off the floor. And I can't go get them without breaking about 100 traffic laws because I don't have a vehicle to transport them all, let alone my little ones who have to be in car seats).

All I can do is wait. Wait for court. Wait for a judge. Wait for...just wait. And in the mean time, she violates a court order and goes on with her life while I worry. I worry about who is caring for them EVERY day when they are there and she is not, because they are NOT old enough to be home alone. Not all 5 of them together, anyway. It's just not safe.

The bottom line is that they didn't need to change schools. This was the Ex's decision, not mine. But in this decision she is in violation of the one thing she should respect the most...

Until tomorrow, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment