Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yet Another Blindside

After going to court in March of 2009, and being ordered to come up with $3800.00 in a very short time frame, I was eager to try to get back to work. I just wanted to put my head down and concentrate on what I did best and continue to try to get my life back on track.

My relief of courtroom drama would not last long, however. On May 1, 2009, less than 2 months after last appearing in court, a Motion was filed against me once again. This time, however, it was more disgusting than ever before.

My Ex was trying to stop me from seeing my children at all.
Motion_4.21.20090001

As you can see, the Motion contains complaints that I did not allow my Ex to take the items she was allowed to take from our former residence.  I already covered all of that in a former post here, but I do feel it is worth mentioning that that part of the Motion never went anywhere. 

Also included in this particular Motion was the "truck tampering" that I apparently committed.  As stated in a previous blog, that case was dismissed when my Ex never showed up in court.  It had already been dealt with in criminal court and should have been over and done with; however, my Ex's attorney slipped it in there anyway.  That part of the Motion also never went anywhere.  No proof and a dismissed criminal case.  In my opinion, that part of the Motion was a waste of ink!

The absolute worst part of this Motion was that my Ex was trying to have the judge order that I not see my children at all.  If you will read paragraph #2 on the third page, it says, "That the Plaintiff's (that's me) secondary placement with the minor children be restricted and denied."

Restricted and denied?  Maybe it's just me, but that makes no sense at all.  How can you restrict visitation AND deny it at the same time?  To me, restricted would me less time with them or only seeing them under supervision.  Denied means, well, DENIED, as in not seeing them at all.

You have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a law degree to figure out how to be that confusing, I guess.

The basis for the Motion to "restrict or deny" my visitation was not only a complete lie, it was downright offensive to me and also to the other person accused.

My Ex was claiming that 2 of my children stated that I drank alcohol while driving them in the car.  Yes, you read that right, WHILE driving.  Not that drinking and driving in any shape or fashion is acceptable, but apparently I was doing it while driving down the road. 

As an added bonus, the nanny, who was not my girlfriend but was constantly referred to in court as my "live-in girlfriend", was also accused of doing the very same thing. 

Before this ever even got heard in court, my Ex was already denying my visitation and she and her attorney were trying to get me to promise that I wouldn't drink while driving anymore.  If I would promise that, she said, I could see my kids.

I don't think so.

By saying that, I felt that I was admitting that I had done it to begin with (which I never did) and that I wouldn't do it anymore.  I never made such a promise.

In that Motion, she was also asking for a restraining order against me, claiming that I continuously told her that I would have her arrested and had tried to have her arrested in front of the children.  I didn't ever try to have her arrested in front of the kids.  As a matter of fact, I never TRIED to have her arrested at all, although for the past 4 years she has told my kids over and over again that that is my sole mission in life.

What I did do was tell her, through my attorney, to stay off my property and away from my business unless she had my expressed permission to come to either place.  Remember how she had a bad enough habit of showing up unannounced that the nanny took out a restraining order on her?  Well, apparently I was trying to have her arrested.  A lot. 

That was news to me!

And I did not "refuse" to allow her to get school supplies that were left behind.  That was, once again, another occasion where she showed up unannounced and I told her to go away.  On that occasion, and only that occasion, I did call the police.  Not to have her arrested, but to have them tell her to stay away or she WOULD get arrested.  I was at my wits end with the constant "dropping by".  I had had enough.

And finally, once again, the puppy money was brought up.  It was placed in a trust account with my attorney, and once again, in expected fashion, my Ex was trying to get all of it even though the judge had not made a ruling about it yet.

That really didn't surprise me at all.  Money and "how much can I get/take from him" has always been, and continues to be, her driving force in life.

I hope that you have read that Motion over carefully. 

On May 26, 2009, I was back in court once again where that Motion was heard.  The outcome was completely earth shattering:


If you read the Motion carefully, you will have noticed that there was absolutely nothing stated regarding child support.  Nothing.  However, when all was said and done, I was walking out of the courtroom with yet another enormous amount of money to pay in a very short time frame.  Please read the post titled "Order_6.5.2009 in order to view the Court Order.

This time, $4100.00 by June 5, 2009.  Yes, you read that right.  I had to come up with $2000.00 just 3 days after being in court and an additional $2100.00 by June 5, 2009 (which was the date the Order was actually signed).  If I didn't manage to somehow do that, it was off to jail I would go.

On top of that, I was also ordered to pay $3500.00 to HER attorney.  I mean I guess when she had amassed a bill of over $10,000.00 but had only paid him $800.00, he had to try to get his money somewhere, right?  Obviously she wasn't paying him squat.

Once again, it was brought up that I was driving a nice vehicle and was still living in the "marital" residence, and that although the court acknowledged there had been a downturn in the economy (which meant no one was buying furniture) I could still afford all this money every single month for child support, post separation support, and now, her attorney. 

It was repeated again that even though my tax returns said I made very little money, the judge decided that I made approximately quadruple what I reported. 

I walked into that hearing expecting to defend myself against drinking while driving accusations and walked out having to come up with over $4000.00 in a week.

Does something seem completely crazy about that to you?

Anyhow, I once again was able to avoid jail by borrowing all the money from various friends and family members.  So, if you're keeping track, from March 9, 2009 through June 5, 2009, my Ex received $7900.00, not including child support payments I made above and beyond that. 

Was she satisfied yet?  Not by a long shot.

The nice vehicle and the house and the business would not be an issue in court much longer because I was about to lose them all.  Everything.  Gone. 

Just wait until you see what happens next!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:  I realize that previous blog entries are missing their documents.  When I went to the site where I host my documents in order to prepare this entry, I found that all of my documents had been deleted.  I know for a fact that I did not do that; however, they are gone.  I will have to re-upload all of the documents again (luckily I have them all saved) and then edit each entry to have the documents visible again.  This is going to take some time for me to do, so please bear with me.  If I didn't know any better, I would think I was hacked because I know I didn't delete all of those documents.  It wouldn't be the first time an account of mine was hacked (you know who you are!) so I have taken measures to protect my account and have also reported the issue to the hosting site.

Also, suddenly I cannot upload more than one document in a post and have them both be visible.  So what I will do is make another post with the Court Order so that you can see the actual document.  I will make separate posts any time I need to show you more than one document in an entry.

Give me some time and all will be fixed!

Thank you and please keep reading!!


Update 9/18/2012: It seems that all problems with document embedding have been fixed. I have re-uploaded and embedded all of the documents in all previous blog posts. I also fixed the mutiple document per post problem, it would seem. Therefore, I will post here the court order that I referenced in this post. If you find any documents still missing or have any problems seeing any documents, please let me know. Thanks!

Order_6.5.2009

No comments:

Post a Comment